Dr. Zenobia Bass
"Self-Care is the key to living a peaceful, joyful and purposeful life!"
Smile...come on, you can do it, SMILE and Embrace your Greatness
Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) Questionnaire
Finding your ACE Score (http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/acestudy)
While you were growing up, during your first 18 years of life:
1. Did a parent or other adult in the household often …
Act in a way that made you afraid that you might be physically hurt?
Yes No If yes enter 1 ________
2. Did a parent or other adult in the household often …
Push, grab, slap, or throw something at you?
Ever hit you so hard that you had marks or were injured?
3. Did an adult or person at least 5 years older than you ever…
Touch or fondle you or have you touch their body in a sexual way?
Try to or actually have oral, anal, or vaginal sex with you?
4. Did you often feel that …
No one in your family loved you or thought you were important or special?
Your family didn’t look out for each other, feel close to each other, or support each other?
5. Did you often feel that …
You didn’t have enough to eat, had to wear dirty clothes, and had no one to protect you?
Your parents were too drunk or high to take care of you or take you to the doctor if you needed it?
6. Were your parents ever separated or divorced?
7. Was your mother or stepmother:
Often pushed, grabbed, slapped, or had something thrown at her?
Sometimes or often kicked, bitten, hit with a fist, or hit with something hard?
Ever repeatedly hit over at least a few minutes or threatened with a gun or knife?
8. Did you live with anyone who was a problem drinker or alcoholic or who used street drugs?
9. Was a household member depressed or mentally ill or did a household member attempt suicide?
10. Did a household member go to prison?
Now add up your “Yes” answers: _______ This is your ACE Score
Help is Available. Call today to schedule an appointment
Office: 678-514-2181 Cell: 404-808-4193