If YOU are experiencing:
alcoholism and alcohol abuse, illicit drug use
intimate partner violence, multiple sexual partners, and/or
sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention You should know about:
The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study
Of Over 17,000 Kaiser Permanente members who voluntarily participated in a study to find out about how stressful or traumatic experiences during childhood affect adult health, 63% of the people who participated in the study had experienced at least 1 category of childhood trauma and Over 20% experienced 3 or more categories of trauma
ACEs seem to account for one-half to two-thirds of the serious problems with drug use.
Childhood Stress and Trauma:
- 28% experienced physical abuse.
- 27% grew up with someone in the household using alcohol and/or drugs
- 23% lost a parent due to separation or divorce.
- 21% experienced sexual abuse.
- 19% grew up with a mentally-ill person in the household.
- 15% experienced emotional neglect.
- 13% witnessed their mothers being treated violently.
- 11% experienced emotional abuse.
- 10% experienced physical neglect.
- 5% grew up with a household member in jail or prison.
Help is available. YOU are not alone.
Call TODAY to schedule an appointment.